12 Daily Affirmations for Self Love
Summer officially starts Sunday June 20 aka ~2.5 weeks from now! As the pandemic restrictions ease and everyone heads outside, I want you to focus on feeling like your healthiest + happiest self! If you put on some Quarantine lbs, are suffering from digestive issues, or just not feeling like yourself — now is the perfect time to focus on your health before you kick off your Hot Girl (or Boy or They) Summer!
Below you’ll find my top tips to follow in order to have a Healthy Summer!
1. Focus on Food As Fuel.
Clean up your diet by limiting processed food + alcohol on weekdays. Focus on eating nutrient dense meals and squeezing in veggies/salads as sides. One of my fav quotes is “let food be thy medicine” because food truly has the power to heal or harm us. I follow and recommend a diet that is 80% plant-based to truly feel your best!
If you’re new to the term plant-based start HERE. This post is full of everything you’d ever want to know about plant-based eating + recipes + even a grocery shopping list. Check it out and for some inspo to incorporate more plant-based meals into your weekly recipes.
Plant-Based 101: Everything You Want to Know
How To Make A Salad You Actually Want to Eat
2. Move Your Body
30 minutes x 4 days per week. You can walk, go the gym, do an at home workout, or hit up a dance class! The goal is develop the habit of being active. Below are some options to consider.Photo Credit to Photographer / Getty Images
- Fierce Clarity Yoga: Yoga is hands down my favorite way to take care of myself. Yoga can help you feel calm + relaxed + centered + strong. I’ve been hosting Instagram Live yoga classes on Mondays at 5:30pm PT and in-person classes on Tuesdays at 6:30pm PT at the Mr. C Hotel Beverly Hills. Try this practice and see for yourself
- BeachBodyOnDemand: My go to platform for at home workouts! I recommend start with Shaun T’s 6-week Transform 20 program. The program consists of a 20-min workout 6 days per week and is the perfect reentry to movement if you’ve taken a few months off from working out. I’ve graduated from that program and moved on to T25 and PIYO! These workouts require little to no equipment and can be done in the living room!
3. Manage Stress
Our bodies produce cortisol when we are stressed leading to fat retention/weight gain, increased blood pressure, and disorders like anxiety + depression. Below you’ll find supplements + mindful activities you can use to lower your cortisol levels:
- Mindful Activities: Yoga, Meditation, Journaling, Quiet Time, Unstructured Down Time
- Supplements: Ashwaganda, Magnesium, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, Arctic Root, L-Theanine, Prebiotics, Cordyceps
- Super You: I take this MoonJuice Supplement Daily to support cortisol management
Magnesi-OM: This is my PM cortisol management supplement.
- NOTE: You can save $$ if you bundle these two supplements and purchase the Unstress Stack!
- Lifestyle Changes: Get More Sleep
Detox with the Fierce Clarity community beginning on Monday June 14! We will detox together for seven (7) days leading up to summer. I love to use detoxification to shed the old and create healthier habits. Our Fierce Clarity Detox is a program on your terms — detoxify on your we’ll give you the tools and it’s up to you to do the work!
I hope these tips help you have a healthy summer!