Summer Berry + Salmon Salad
Summer = outdoor BBQs + connecting with your loved ones — but the question is — what will you bring? This quick + easy Summer Berry Salmon salad will be a crowd favorite and uses seasonal berries (which are in front of the grocery produce section making your life a bit easier lol).
- Lettuce Base: Arugula
- Add-Ins: Seasonal Berries (Blueberries, Raspberries, Strawberries), Mango
- Dressing: Citrus Vinaigrette: Lemon, Olive Oil, Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar (from Trader Joes)
- Toppings: Salt + Pepper
- Optional: Salmon (be sure it’s sustainably sourced ie wild caught + from a supplier you trust)
- Wash + Dry arugula
- Chop Add-Ins and add to lettuce base
- Make Dressing by combining Lemon + Olive Oil + Orange Muscat Champagne Vinaigrette in a small bowl. Varying ingredient quantity will change the dressing viscosity so add more oil to thicken it up or more lemon/vinegar to thin it to taste. I don’t ever use exact measurements — I just go with the flow!
- Pour dressing over salad and massage into lettuce. Massaging your salad can seem weird at first since the hands get dirty and we usually don’t touch our food in this way. However, this massage helps to break down tough leafy greens and allows the flavor of the add-ins to shine through.
Finish the salad by adding fruit toppings of Mango and Seasonal Berries including Blueberries + Raspberries + Strawberries. Top with Salmon then Salt + Pepper to taste and enjoy!
If you’re looking for a 100% vegan + plant-based summer recipe — check our Chipotle Jackfruit Tacos or this Strawberry Salad.